Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses across the country and in your neighborhood.
Founded by American Express in 2010, this day is celebrated every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
This year, Small Business Saturday is on November 30th.
Almost everyone plans to pig out on stuffing, appetizers and booze this Thanksgiving, but be careful with your furry friends.
Yahoo.com compiled a list of six foods that are bad news for "Rex" and "Socks."
1. Onions, Garlic and Chives. Very small amounts won't hurt too much, but long-term ingestion can cause red blood cell damage that leads to anemia in dogs and cats.
2. Grapes, Raisins and Currants. These are big red-flag foods that can cause kidney failure in canines and felines and are more dangerous for animals with pre-existing health issues.
3. Chocolate. Dogs and cats metabolize chemicals like theobromine and caffeine much slower than we do, so poisoning can cause tremors, seizures or death. The darker the chocolate and smaller the pet, the more dangerous is can be.
4. Milk. Yes, they look adorable licking up a bowl of cream, but this treat can cause vomiting and diarrhea because it's tough for animals to break down lactose.
5. Turkey Bones and Fatty Scraps. A taste of meat is fine, but leave out the bones and fat. Obviously, bones can cause choking, internal lacerations or even blocked intestines while too much fat can lead to pancreatitis.
6. Alcohol. Animals will drink almost anything, but too much fire water can cause big problems --even turn them comatose! Also watch out for unbaked yeast bread dough --the raw dough can ferment in their tummies and produce alcohol or cause fatal bloating.
All animal guardians should keep the 24-hour Pet Poison Helpline handy --800-213-6680.
It's Thanksgiving, so that means it's time to give 'Alice's Restaurant' by Arlo Guthrie a listen! Enjoy the full 23-minute version.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.
A minor league hockey team in Reading, Pennsylvania, has unveiled their amazing holiday uniforms – which look like ridiculous Christmas sweaters.
The Reading Royals have broken new ground with the red, white, and green patterned alternate uniforms – and deserve some credit for having a sense of humor.
They really could not be any uglier – which is the point.
The folks behind the movie “Free Birds” have partnered with farm animal protection group Farm Sanctuary to help its characters Reggie and Jake (voiced by Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson) make good on their mission “to save all the turkeys!”